In an emergency, during regular office hours, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 1:30-4 p.m., contact the church office. A priest will be directed to you at our earliest possible time.
If an emergency arises after hours, on the weekend, or during a holiday, please call 780-422-8304.
Please leave a clear, detailed message, which will be forwarded to our priests. They will contact you at their earliest opportunity.
The pastoral ministry of the Church and its funeral rites is directed to placing the event of death in the context of our Christian faith. The funeral liturgy is a privileged moment for the family and believing community to offer worship, praise and thanks to God for the gift of the deceased, to commend the departed to the mercy of God, and to offer to the grieving the consolation that comes from the Word of God and celebration of Christ’s saving sacrifice in the sacrament of the Eucharist.
To learn more about Catholic funerals click here for more information from the Archdiocese.
Recommended readings for funerals are outlined below.
- The FIRST Reading (English): from the Old Testament (Selections 1-9) – choose a reader.
- The RESPONSORIAL PSALM (English / Italiano): – choose a reader or can be read by the person doing the FIRST reading.
- The SECOND Reading (English / Italiano): from the New Testament (selections 25-41) – choose a reader.
- The GOSPEL Selection (English / Italiano): (selections 42-64)- to be read by the priest.
- Funeral Hymns Selection (English).